Are you wondering how mature your organisation/team or client is in terms of Service Design? Here are some questions you can ask
- Have you got a full single view of all your services? Is this visualised on a single piece of paper?
- Is there a service ecosystem mapped?
- Are individual services mapped? This can be individual journeys, or the full service
- Have you mapped all your different touchpoint, both digital and offline?
- Have you identified common themes across services / journeys / products?
- Have you got a method for assigning value and prioritise ideas?
- Are your structured by function or processes? For example, are there verticals in your contact centred or do they have a view across all services?
- Have you got a Voice Of the Customer initiative in place?
- Are there any roles in your team that can look across services and products?
- Do you currently collect user insight? If yes, how do you manage this?
- Do you currently collect data analytics from existing digital services? If yes, how is this combined with your user insights (quantitative and qualitative data)?
- Is there a forum that includes all service owners (service managers group)?
- When was the last time you talked/ observed your service users?
- Do you spend most of your time working on your laptop alone?
- When was the last time you spent time in a workshop with other disciplines working on ideas?
- When was the last time you shared your work with other disciplines in the team? (this excluded daily stand ups and retrospectives)
- Can you describe the service you are working on in one sentence?
- Can you describe the main aims and objectives for your service/project/product?
- Can you list the main users of your service/product, both internal and external?
- Do you know the value your work will deliver?
- Do you know how that value will be measured?
- Have you been involved in setting objectives and success criteria with the client
- Are you aware of the roadmap?
- When was the last time you provided or was asked for feedback?
- Have you spent any time exploring new ideas?
- Have you created any shared deliverables?
- When was the last time you took part in any research?